Monday, August 13, 2012

Finally! A great Turkish Delight

One of my favorite local restaurants is Zeytin's, a Turkish place that has some wonderful  vegetarian entrees. I always get the stuffed eggplant when I go there.  I found an easy recipe that closely mimics my favorite dish.  You cover a split eggplant ( cut side  up)with sautéed onions, diced tomatoes (I used a  can of diced tomatoes)and garlic that you have cooked in olive oil until onions translucent.  The more onions and garlic the better.  I also diced half a green pepper too.  Add a cup of water and cover it with aluminum foil. The recipe called for 40 minutes, but a good hour is really needed.  You want the eggplant to be like custard and wonderfully creamy. I served it with jasmine rice.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this one...thanks. Looking for different ways to cook eggplant.

    ReplyDelete